More and more companies are handing over warehouse labor to third party supply chain managed labor partners. It’s a decision that can bring long-term benefits if the correct steps are taken in the beginning. Balancing safety, compliance, quality, and efficiency in-house can be financially (and mentally) overwhelming.
Here are five good reasons to think about outsourcing your warehouse labor to a trusted supply chain managed labor partner like Costa.
- Savings. Outsourcing some of your processes can actually save you money. A good can often accomplish tasks and finish projects at a lower cost than you could achieve internally. Capital investment in your warehouse can also be significantly reduced through smart outsourcing since the supply chain managed labor partner you hire can use their own equipment and/or operate in their own facility. By eliminating some of these enormous upfront costs (and the ongoing liabilities associated with them), you get bigger returns sooner.
- Speed. Supply chain labor outsourcing allows you to use your own personnel more effectively. Free your existing staff up to focus on priorities like developing your business, marketing, and selling your products. You’ll be able to use your own time focusing on core priorities instead of having to constantly monitor your warehouse labor.
- Customer satisfaction. In the information age, customer satisfaction is more important than ever. Outsourcing can help you manage your operations more tightly, getting your deliveries out on time—every time. This kind of consistency isn’t optional in today’s market; it is a requirement. If you can keep your promises to your customers, you’ll keep your customers—and are likely to attract new ones as word gets around.
- Technology. Collaborating with a supply chain managed labor partner that specializes in dock scheduling and freight hauling means that your company will get the benefit of the most cutting edge technology and software. A good third party managed labor service will utilize the latest warehouse management systems, so you can be assured that your operations are always running as efficiently as possible.
- Staffing. The right outsourced warehouse partner brings a workforce of skilled laborers so you won’t have to worry about hiring, training, discipline, turnover, or any of the other labor-related burdens that might otherwise rest on your shoulders. You’ll also have the freedom to scale your staff up or down as needed without the usual headaches.
Working with an outside supply chain managed labor partner means that you are not shouldered with all the risk of misappropriated labor, obsolete equipment, and outdated facilities. The right partnership ensures that you get to grow into the future together with your managed labor partner—and that you don’t have to constantly expend your own time, money, and other resources trying to keep up with industry advances and customer demand.
Outsourcing warehouse labor makes good sense for a lot of customers. A quality managed labor provider can help you figure out exactly how your business can benefit by outsourcing warehouse labor. Contact Costa now and we’ll talk about your business needs. If we can help, we will.